Last-minute accreditation for the European Council on 18-19 February 2016
+32 (0) 2 281 90 00
European Council meeting will take place on 18-19 February 2016 in Justus Lipsius building in Brussels.
Last-minute accreditation requests are now open (online only)
- Please note that due to the current security situation in Belgium, specific security measures have been put in place for last minute accreditation requests. Media representatives applying to attend a European Summit for the first time or who have not been fully security screened in the last 18 months (i.e. have not attended a summit in the last 18 months or had registered last minute) will be the subject of a comprehensive and detailed verification by our security service. Considering the time and resources needed for these verifications, not all requests may be processed. Media are therefore advised to avoid sending representatives falling into these categories.
- If this is your first registration, please make sure you have a recent ID-size photograph in JPEG format (.jpg) and the number of your passport or identity card ready before starting the online process.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt by email. Please read it carefully as it includes the list of original documents you will be asked to provide when collecting your badge. Depending on your profile, the requested document will include: Passport or ID card, press card and/or a letter from your editor-in chief as well as the signed original of your application for security clearance (only for media representatives of Belgian nationality or resident in Belgium). The press centre may contact you to request additional information if necessary. No accreditation badge will be issued if you cannot provide all required documents.
Journalists holding a 6-month badge (01.01.2016 - 30.06.2016) do not need to register
6-month badges can be collected at the accreditation centre of the LEX building during summits. Please ensure that you have all the required documents when collecting your badge.
Collection of badges
Accreditation badges must be collected in person from the LEX building (145 rue de la Loi, Brussels)
- Wednesday 17 February March - 9.30 - 13.00 and 14.00 - 20.00
- Thursday 18 February - 8.30 - 20.00
- Friday 19 February , from 08.00 to the end of the final press conference (latest 22.00)
Practical information on the press centre and the media programme will follow.
For more details on the European Council meeting, see the meeting page.