SECTRA Panthon 2
Attacks on smartphones
Advanced smartphones enable people to share information and work in a highly flexible and mobile way. Unfortunately, new eavesdropping methods and attacks now result in major security challenges for organizations. A smartphone and the calls made with it may be an important source of information. Without an encryption solution the smartphone may be subject to a wide array of attacks. In most cases, these are undetectable and the user will never know until the damage is done.
SECTRA Panthon 2
Using end-to-end encryption efficiently protects sensitive information. SECTRA Panthon 2 is a hardware based security solution, in the form of a smartcard, which is installed in a standard smartphone. The solution has been approved for communications up to and including EU and NATO RESTRICTED. It is developed by SECTRA in close cooperation with the Dutch security authority, NL NCSA, and is also approved for communications up to and including NL RESTRICTED level.
Facts about the solution:
- End-to-end encryption for voice with 256bit AES
- Works on 2G, 2.5G and 3G with optimized 2G-mode for low bandwidth conditions
- Easy to use, multilingual graphical user interface on touch screen smartphone
- High quality sound with low latency, short call set-up time and fast key exchange
- User authentication with PIN code and certificates
- MicroSD form factor smartcard crypto controller at EAL5+ security level
- Hardware based secure storage of keys and certificates
- Uses session key generation with ECMQV protocol and ECDSA signature scheme
- Hardware accelerated Elliptic Curve Cryptography, AES co-processor and true random
- Certificate revocation list (CRL) support, updated over the air
- Supported operating systems: Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5™
- Supported devices: HTC HD2™
Sectra has developed and marketed security solutions for European government authorities, defense departments and other critical functions of society since the company’s inception in 1978.