Media accreditation for the Special European Council (article 50) on 29 April 2017
Centro de Imprensa
+32 (0) 2 281 90 00
Special European Council (article 50) will take place on 29 April 2017 in the Europa building in Brussels. The press centre remains located in the Justus Lipsius building.
Application deadline: 03 April, 12.00
- If this is your first registration, please make sure you have a recent ID-size photograph in JPEG format (.jpg) and the number of your passport or identity card ready before starting the online process.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt by email. Please read it carefully as it includes the list of original documents you will be asked to provide when collecting your badge. Depending on your profile, the requested document will include: Passport or ID card, press card and/or a letter from your editor-in chief (original letter is mandatory for those who attend European Council for the first time) as well as the signed original of your authorisation for security screening (only for media representatives of Belgian nationality or resident in Belgium). The press centre may contact you to request additional information if necessary. No accreditation badge will be issued if you cannot provide all required documents.
- Under certain conditions it is possible to organise a group registration/collection of badges for journalists working for the same media. Select group registration at the beginning of the accreditation process and follow the instructions.
- Trainees with media organisations who do not possess a press card are not entitled to request accreditation
Journalists holding a 6-month badge (01.01.2017 - 30.06.2017) do not need to register
6-month badges can be collected at the accreditation centre of the LEX building during summits. Please ensure that you have all the required documents when collecting your badge.
Collection of badges
Accreditation badges must be collected in person from the LEX building (145 rue de la Loi, Brussels)
- Thursday 27 April - 9.30 - 13.00 and 14.00 - 18.00
- Friday 28 April - 8.30 - 20.00
- Saturday 29 April - from
08.00 to the end of the final press conference (max. 22.00)
Practical information on the press centre and the media programme will follow.
For more details on the Special European Council (article 50), see the meeting page.